So while you’re sipping on your coffee and waiting for your Thanksgiving feast to hit the table, I’ll give you a little light reading about what I am thankful for this year.
- I’m in good health. Eating better and working out helps. Yay for 24-hour gyms too.
- I got promoted at work this year. I really couldn’t believe it because my anxiety almost prevented me from even applying. I am so glad I did. I am so thankful for the challenge the job brings everyday. I no longer feel like a machine answering phones. I do feel like I’m actually making a difference and who doesn’t want that from their work. The hours aren’t particularly great. But whatever. I am liking the job.
- My parents. After some struggles health wise, they seem to be back on track. That makes me happy because they are the most wonderful, gracious, loving people. It makes me teary how wonderful they are. Love them so much. They bring a smile to my face daily!
- My extended family. What a year this has been. Some painful loss. Prayer and love helps.
- Prayer. I’ve found that this and meditation has helped me get through some serious anxious moments. Anxiety will hit you like a freight train when you least expect it. Remembering to breathe and saying a little prayer can take the edge off those moments. Medication works too. It really is best to find and experiment with what works best to get you through anxiety.
- Speaking of extended family… my dear friend, Ann, had a beautiful baby boy, Parker, a couple of weeks ago. I am so thankful that he is a happy, healthy little guy. Also? I am grateful to have her in my life. There’s not enough words. She’s the best. (Hi Ann!) I can’t wait to see her again and cuddle that little man!
- The Best Group Text Message In the World. This is a group of five baseball fans linked together by one elf. And it’s oh so much more. Sure we talk baseball and elves, but we have some pretty good discussions on other topics. And the venting. Oh the venting! This group – Stacy, Dennis, Fong and Charlie – is the best.
- My West Coast Sister. Hi Tamara! Love this girl. We talk about everything from her school, my work, goofy things on Twitter, food … ok … sweets, our love/addiction to fantasy sports and our mutual love of Cam Newton and our hate of loathsome sports teams. We instantly hit it off during our sports blogging days.
- My work friends. While I do love my new job. It can be stressful so it’s good to have some people around that make you laugh!
- That I live in the United States of America. I am really still in shock over an election that brings us President-elect Donald Trump, but I think this country is good and will do good. Hopefully. I pray for it anyway.
- The internet. Because Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc., are important. Heh!
Enjoy all the football, movies, turkey and dressing, green bean casserole and pie! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, loves!